Sunday, September 19, 2010

Catching up

I had gone away on bereavement leave for two weeks and just got back to work today. Unfortunately, I did not have internet facilities to keep up with the discussions/ readings. I had a hectic time at the funeral house and hardly had any sleep. My return journey was a nightmare with 15 hrs travel and 10 hrs transit! At the Auckland airport I waited extra two hours as I lost my baggages… I arrived yesterday and had to come to work today though still feeling jetlag…
I don’t know where to start now. I’m far behind the course. I wanted to start my need analysis this week but the ESOL students are on term break and won’t be back till October.
I’m attending the e-fest conference in Hamilton next week on the 27/28 September. Anyone else from our course taking part?

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear Mareena - it sounds like you have had a terrible couple of weeks. My condolences;(
    If your students are away at the moment it might be the best thing for you, just so you can get back on your feet and into the groove again. I am not fond of facing people when I am both emotionally & physically tired so take some time to recharge your batteries and catch up. I bet you are not as far behind as you think ;) Kia kaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mareena,

    So sorry to hear about your news. I hope you are feeling better soon and more rested. Rachel is right, you may not be that far behind. Often, I can leave this paper for a few days and become quite confused. However, after a while, things become much clearer.
    Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the eFest as it clashes with the national teaching and learning conference here at UCOL.

    I hope you feel more rested soon.

    Kind regards,

    Kevin
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel for your support and encouragement. I’m slowly getting back to my normal routine and hoping to read others blog in a couple of days to keep track of what has happened when I was away…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your thoughtful message Kevin. It makes you feel better when you see you are surrounded by good people who really care about you. I saw your name on efest conference site and was looking forward to meet you. It seems you have another conference to attend. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete